Check Which Is Best Selling?…
The Bosch MRC23EVSK versus 1617EVSPK are two popular machines that will strike your eye at first glance.
The Bosch 1617EVSPK and the Bosch MRC23E are fixed base variable speed routers with high power output.
How can you tell which router is superior if both instruments produce comparable results? The Bosch MRC23EVSK will now be the top priority because it has many great features that work well.
The router is equipped with two collets, 1/4 and 1/2 inches, to help with bigger jobs.
While this router has a permanent base, the base may be removed, and a plunge router add-on purchased to modify it as needed.
The Bosch MRC23EVSK is an upgraded setup for the MR23EVS router that includes a fixed base and a plunging base.
The trigger-control system, which incorporates a power button in both the plunge-and base’s fixed-handle, bases enables excellent operator control.
The after-lock microfine bit-depth adjustment on the plunge base enables accuracy at any plunge setting, and an adjustable turret stop makes it simple to establish any cumulative depth.
This router produces precise results because of its smooth plunge motion and spring-lock plunge lever.
The fixed base has microfine bit-depth adjustment with a continuum depth range of 1-5/8 in., allowing for precise and quick alterations.
Its precision-centering properly design the piece to be centered with the sub-base or optional pattern guides.
Why choosing Bosch MRC23EVSK:
- Trigger-control system – for improved control, a trigger power switch is positioned in the handle.
- 15-amp motor with 10,000 to 25,000 rpm and 2.3 horsepower.
- Precision-centering design makes keeping the bit on the cutline a breeze.
- Easy, precise depth adjustments at any plunge setting with the After lock plunge-base depth adjustment.
- Fixed-base depth adjustment with a continuous microfine tuning range of 1-5/8.
- The depth can be adjusted above the table when a permanent base is inserted in the router table.
- Steady Response circuitry keeps the speed constant under load.
- Soft-start mode decreases the amount of torque required to start the engine.
- LED illumination is always on – for better visibility in the bit area.
- Tool-free changeover using a two-stage rapid clamp method.
- Variable speed dial – allows you to tailor the speed to the workpiece and the task at hand.
- Soft grip grips with a contoured design for improved handling and comfort
- Cord swivel – for extra mobility Fixed base contains threaded holes for attaching to a router table in conventional three-hole configuration
- All of the products are contained in a rugged carrying case with compartments.
With a 12 Amp motor and selectable speed settings, the Bosch 1617EVSPK has the power to get the job done. The operator may adjust the speed using the variable-speed dial.
Thanks to Constant Response Circuitry, the router will keep a steady speed throughout the cut, resulting in a clean, precise output.
The plunge base provides smooth plunge movement. Dovetail fixtures, templates, jigs, and other guiding devices allow users to glide along the planned cutline.
With the sub-base or additional template guides, the Bosch Precision Centering Structure enables the bit to be centered.
Precision bit plunging, edge shaping, slot cutting, laminate trimming, and dovetail cutting are just a few of the uses for this versatile equipment.
As a result, it is one of the most extensively used routers in the woodworking industry.
Why choosing Bosch 1617EVSPK:
- The 12-Amp motor on the router is strong, and it has changeable speed settings.
- The constant response circuitry stabilizes the start-up torque.
- The user may pick the ideal speed using the adjustable speed dial (8,000-25,000 RPM).
- Bit-depth modification at a micron level
- Contains the Plunge foundation technology for smooth action.
- The rounded wooden handles enhance the user’s control.
- Base design with three threaded holes.
- Dust-proof power switch.
- Armature shaft made of a single piece.
- For improved longevity, the motor casing and bases are already made of aluminum, and indeed the power switch is now entirely dust-sealed.
- All of the components are kept safe in the tough carrying case.
It’s worth noting that the Bosch MRC23EVSK and 1617EVSPK have the same power output. To be more exact, the MRC23EVSK router features a 2.3 HP, 15 Amp motor with an adjustable speed range of 10000 to 25000 RPM. As a result, you can effortlessly complete practically any difficult routing work.
With a 2.25 HP and 12 Amp engine, its opponent is less spectacular. However, it has a larger adjustable speed dial that ranges from 8000 to 25000 RPM, making it easier to choose the right speed for any project.
Both routers contain a gentle start motor and Bosch’s Steady Response electronics, which allows you to keep the speed constant throughout the cut.
The Bosch 1617EVSPK measures 6.2 by 19.5 by 14.5 inches, which is somewhat smaller than the MRC23EVSK.
The MRC23EVSK is smaller, measuring 9.6 by 15.2 by 22.6 inches, yet it can do the same duties as the MRC23EVSK.
The 1617EVSPK is indeed a lighter variant than the MRC23EVSK, comprising 19.5 lbs vs the MRC23EVSK’s 25 lbs. hence, if weight is your concern, then this will help you make the right decision.
These two Bosch routers, despite being in the same brand, have a lot in common. They have a permanent base with threaded holes that can be mounted on router tables in a typical three-hole layout. It contributes to the added solidity that you will appreciate.
Thanks to a soft-start mechanism, these instruments also provide better protection and battery management for cutting wood smoothly.
Microfine bit-depth modification on the base, in particular, offers accurate and quick modifications. The MRC23EVSK unit’s always-on dual LED lights will delight you most significantly.
You may now feel confident that the cutting line and bit region will be visible to you for greater precision. Furthermore, a trigger control system positioned in the grip allows you to operate the gadget effortlessly.
Check: Sanding Sealer Vs Wood Conditioner: What Should You Choose?
A plunge base, permanent base, collet chucks, spindle nut wrench, driveshaft wrench, chip guards, and a carrying container are included with the purchase of the MRC23EVSK from Bosch.
Of course, the last contender, Bosch 1617EVSPK, isn’t as horrible as you may think. It has a dust-sealed power switch, making it more robust to carry around with you.
In addition, the 1617EVSPK unit’s toolbox includes a fixed base, a plunging base, self-releasing wedges, bit adapters, a hex wrench, and a traveling case.
The router includes a 15-amp motor and speed settings that may be adjusted. The operator may tailor the pace to the material using the variable-speed dial.
Throughout the cut, Steady Response circuitry maintains a constant pace. Dovetail fixtures, templates, jigs, and other guiding devices allow users to glide along the planned cutline.
The power switch is located on the handles of the MRC23EVSK, making it easy to maintain control. The 1617EVSPK’s handles are wooden, as opposed to the MRC23EVSK’s plastic-coated handles, although they generally come loose frequently and require constant tightening.
Unlike the 1617EVSPK, which has spherical handles, the MRC23EVSK’s handles are meant to accommodate your hand, so you can work all day without being uncomfortable.
Threaded studs on the base of both variants allow you to install it to your router table firmly. When it comes to design, it’s important to note that there’s a distinction to be made.
With 26.8 pounds and dimensions of 22.7 x 15.25 x 9.75 inches, the Bosch MRC23EVSK is rather substantial.
The 1617EVSPK unit, on the other hand, is just 18.2 pounds and is 6 x 11.5 x 11.6 inches in dimension. Consequently, you won’t break a sweat when holding and moving the latter throughout your workspace.
Check: Bosch vs Makita router: Which One Better for you!
Both the Bosch 1617EVSPK and the Bosch MRC23EVSK are high-quality routers that can handle various duties.
Still, after comparing the characteristics of both models, we believe the MRC23EVSK is the better router. With practical features like convenient LED lighting and ergonomically constructed handles, the MRC23EVSK is meant to make your job simpler.
If you don’t want to spend the extra $100, the Bosch 1617EVSPK is still a nice option. The 1617EVSPK wood router’s continuous response circuitry keeps the speed constant throughout the cut, resulting in cleaner, more precise results.
With hardwood grips on a fixed base and a soft-grip handle on a plunging base, this is one of our most robust wood routers to date. The rounded wooden handles enhance the user’s control.