Septic systems return water to nature eliminating all humans’ contaminations. That is why they are eco-friendly. An eco-friendly septic system is better for your home, community, and even your neighbors.
Many companies provide septic system installations, but the ecoflo biofilter is one of the most environmentally friendly septic systems.
The ecoflo green septic system is the most eco-friendly septic system that protects your property.
There are many types of septic systems based on the principle of operation.
Well, discuss type’s names, along with the key points to select the best eco-friendly tank for your household.
Ecoflo Biofilter Septic System
The best advantage of the bio flu system is its energy-free treatment system. It works by gently removing wastewater pollutants by a biofilter.
Composition of Bio Filter
- Coconut husk fragments
- Combination of cocoa and peat moss.
- Both are biomaterials, natural and compostable that is why they are called biofilters.
- In the case of coco, it is 100% renewable.
Ecoflo biofilter Septic Systems works on Peat-Based Septic Systems. They treat wastewater on-site by trickling down the wastewater through the peat moss. The peat moss cleans the wastewater.
- Premier Tech Environment
- PT Aqua Division
No of Installations
- Over 50,000 units are installed all over Canada and the USA.
- About 10,000 systems in Ontario.
- Since 1996 the Slagter Construction has installed nearly 400 ecoflo biofilter units in Ontario.
- No damage to the landscaping
- Installed for eco-life
- Easy installation process
- Not requires to be moved
- Keep the environment Peaceful
- 24/7 autonomous operation
- Never clogs
- No soil contamination
- Installed with a complete warranty
- Compact and discreet system
- Up to 50% smaller than other systems
- Blends into your landscaping
- No foul order
- Maintains selling value of your property
- No energy bills required for treatment/ energy-free system
- No full-system replacements
The Ecoflo biofilter is the most eco-friendly solution for:
- Residential developmental sites
- Apartment buildings
- Seasonal cottages
- Temporary office buildings
- Primary residential area
- Work camps
Working of the Ecoflo Biofilter Septic System
- Wastewater through drainage flows and enters into the septic tank.
- The Solid waste settles down in the bottom of the tank.
- The liquids enter the Ecoflo biofilter for treatment.
- Inside the septic tank, a non-mechanical tipping bucket is present.
- It scatters liquid waste through perforated distribution plates.
- Liquid waste after passing through plates move across coconut husk fragments or a combination of cocoa and peat moss filter. The filter acts as a barrier
- Once the waste percolates through the natural filter, it flows downstream for additional treatment.
- After that, the clean water is safely poured back into the environment.
Reason for ecoflo biofilter to be highly sustainable?
- If you opt to install an ecoflo biofilter, you will experience lower carbon footprints compared to another system.
- This is what makes the eco flo more eco-friendly.
- Starting from production, shipping to installation, maintenance, and usage, it has the lowest carbon footprint as compared to other marketed systems.
- The lesser the carbon footprints, the more eco-friendly the system will be.
- Full system properly inspected
- Filter aeration for promoting flourished bacteria
- Filter scarification ensures optimal bio filtration
Eco-friendly Septic Tank
A Septic tank is a buried, watertight tank that is designated to receive raw domestic sanitary wastewater for treatment.
The US EPA Environmental Protection Agency states that;
The septic tank system is a combination of technology with nature. The agency encourages people to install their septic systems. By opting for a septic tank, you keep the natural cycle of the environment healthy.
Why Use a Septic Tank
- Eco friendly
- Less costly
- Low maintained cost
- Keep environment clean
- Naturally Leak-proof
Layer Formation In Septic Tank
- Top layer
This layer comprises lighter solids including, oil and grease, that float on the top of waste. The tank removes this layer to create scum.
- Middle layer
The second layer contains partially clarified wastewater that is free from scum.
- Bottom layer
The layer forms by the heavier waste that settles on the bottom of the tank. (Sludge). The breakdown of waste occurs because of bacteria present all over the tank.
The use of natural things to clean the environment makes the tank eco-friendly.
Reasons of Septic Tanks to Eco Friendly
Anything in touch with nature is an eco-friendly thing. Septic tanks operate on the principle of nature. It is free from hazardous chemical use like other commercial waste treatment plants.
They use artificial and hazardous chemicals to treat the waste.
It Works like the natural filtering process of the soil.
- Septic tank operation
The septic tanks work by breaking down the waste with the help of healthy bacteria that already exists in the tank. The bacteria renders the waste products harmless.
Prevent Spreading Of Communicable Diseases
- In the absence of septic tanks, the waste produced by the community can cause the spread of several transmittable diseases.
- The illnesses spread through water and soil containing wastes from homes.
- Septic tanks handle the waste without causing any harm to the environment.
- A well-functioning eco-friendly septic tank prevents the danger of the disease from spreading and protects the community.
- Remember that the quality and maintenance of the tank do impact the working condition of the septic tank.
Protect Surrounding Wildlife and Vegetation
- The septic tank generates water that is eco-friendly for both wildlife and vegetation.
- Observe the yard near your septic tank. The grass will be lush green.
- The grass never gets dry.
- The bacteria remove wastes and add nutrients that are helpful for plant growth.
- So again, septic tanks benefit nature and its creatures, so it is not wrong to say that;
- Yes! They are eco-friendly.
Properly Sealed Tanks
- If the waste treatment tank contains any leakage, it will not function properly.
- The septic tanks come with a seal nature. There is no chance of any leakage from the tank.
- Septic tanks are made of cement, and everyone knows that;
- The cement-made tanks do not allow water to seep out.
- The wastewater is held safely in the tank and will not seep out to harm the environment.
Keep Your Septic Tank Running Smoothly
- To maintain the eco-friendly nature of the septic tank, inspect it from time to time.
- A regular inspection may prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- When the septic tank treats wastes, it deposits the water back to earth while the sludge and scum deposit in a separate column in a tank. They are harmful to both the environment and your health.
Other eco-friendly Types of Septic Systems
Septic systems can vary in design and size from within your neighborhood to outside the country.
These factors include
- Household size
- Soil type
- Site slope
- Lot size
- Proximity to sensitive water bodies
- Weather conditions
- Local regulations
Other eco-friendly septic systems include.
- Conventional system
- Chamber system
- Drip distribution system
- Aerobic treatment unit
- Mound systems
- The recirculating sand filter system
- Evaporation systems
- Constructed wetland system
- Cluster or community system
If you are looking for the most eco-friendly septic systems, then opt for installing septic tanks and ecoflo biofilter septic systems.
They are perfect in all perspectives, to be called the most environmentally friendly systems.